AHL 713 - Polysomnographic Clinicals
8 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to apply skills learned in the Polysomnographic course of study. During this clinical the students will deal directly with patients, with equipment related to sleep studies, and with documenting medical data during the sleep studies.
1. perform a full-body polysomnographic hookup utilizing the I 0-20 system for the EEG placement;
2. demonstrate proper instrumentation of the electrical and therapeutic equipment;
3. develop the ability to produce legible, technically accurate documentation;
4. distinguish between different stages of sleep on the polysomnograph;
5. recognize and distinguish between different respiratory events and titrate PAP therapy accordingly;
6. distinguish between the different recording parameters for ANPSGs, Split Studies, Titrations, MSL T and MWTtests;
7. discuss different scoring rules and recording parameters for pediatrics and adults;
8. discuss principles oflaboratory safety, infection control, and confidentiality;
9. interpret data from the polysomnograph, hypnogram, and patient chart; and
10. demonstrate appropriate interaction with patients and exhibit professional behavior.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)