AHL 703 - Cardiorespiratory Anatomy and Pathophysiology
3.2 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student who is preparing to become a polysomnographic technician to learn cardiopulmonary anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology as they relates to sleep disorders. Prerequisite: Must successfully complete all courses in module I and II in the Sleep Technology Program.
1. identify anatomical structures of the cardiac and respiratory systems,
2. explain the physiology for the structures identified in the cardiac and repiratory systems,
3. explain how the cardiac and respiratory systems interact in relation to sleep and sleep disorders,
4. explain the pathophysiology of sleep disorders in relation to the cardiac and respiratory systems, and
5. demonstrate recognition of the basoc EKG dysrhythmias and arrhythmias on polysomnographs.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)