AHL 102 - Sleep Clinical Internship – NPSG
10 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to apply skills learned in the polysomnography course of study. Topics to be covered include direct contact with patients, equipment related to NPSG studies and documentation of medical data during the sleep study, 10-20 system, and complete hookup of patient.
1. perform full NPSG hookup on patient utilizing the 10-20 system for the EEG placement;
2. demonstrate proper instrumentation of the electrical equipment;
3. develop the ability to produce legible, technical accurate documentation;
4. distinguish between different stages of sleep on the polysomnography;
5. recognize and distinguish between different respiratory events;
6. discuss different scoring rules and recording parameters for adult and pediatrics; and
7. demonstrate appropriate interaction with patients and exhibit professional behavior.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)