AHE 578 - Intermediate Patient Intake
7 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course combines the knowledge obtained in Basic Patient Intake with Anatomy and Physiology to enable the medical clinical assistant student to do many “back-office” skills. These include recognizing different diseases and disorders and their appropriate treatments. Learn how to assist the physician with the physical examination and minor surgical procedures. Demonstrate appropriate techniques used to care for after surgery care, wounds, and injuries. Practice proper Universal and Standard Precaµtions to provide safety to yourself and the patient. The student should learn to perform an electrocardiogram and recognize any gross abnormalities, proper care of office equipment, and develop skills needed to inventory and supply maintenance of the “back-office”.
1. recognize different diseases and disorders;
2. demonstrate how to assist with the physical exam and minor surgical procedures;
3. demonstrate techniques used to care for wounds and injuries;
4. apply the correct Universal and Standard Precautions;
5. perform a 12-lead electrocardiogram and determine any gross abnormalities;
6. operate and care for office equipment;
7. describe how to inventory and maintain supplies;
8. demonstrate proper documentation of all of these skills for the attending physician, and
9. demonstrate appropriate techniques to prepare a patient for minor surgery.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)