CHI 044 - Child Care 2 Activities for Young Children Online
4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student, who is a director or senior staff, to build on skills learned in Childcare I and satisfy 45 hours of the 90-hour requirement as stated in COMAR 07.04.01. Topics to be covered include activities for children from birth through six years; principles of children’s learning; and learning environments.
1. list a variety of equipment, activities, and opportunities to promote physical development of children through play;
2. list a variety of equipment, activities, and opportunities to promote the intellectual growth of children through play;
3. explain the importance of room arrangements for safety in learning centers;
4. cite ways in which to establish a supportive environment in which children can begin to learn and practice appropriate and acceptable behavior as individuals and as a group; and
5. describe ways to support family involvement with children in a child care environment.
Add to Portfolio