CHI 020 - Child Care 2 Activities for Young Children
4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to satisfy forty five ( 45) hours of the ninety (90) hour requirements as stated in COMAR 07 .04.01 for directors and senior staff in group child care centers. Topics to be covered include activities for children age’s birth through six years, principles of children’s learning and learning environments.
1. list a variety of equipment, activities, and opportunities to promote the physical development of children through play;
2. list a variety of equipment, activities, and opportunities to promote the intellectual growth of children through play;
3. explain the importance of room arrangements for safety in learning centers;
4. cite ways in which to establish a supportive environment in which children can begin to learn and practice appropriate and acceptable behavior as individuals and as a group; and
5. describe ways to support family involvement with children in a child care environment.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)