CHI 043 - Child Care 1 Growth and Development Online
4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student, who is a director or senior staff in group child care centers, to satisfy 45 hours of the 90 hour requirements as stated in COMAR 07.04.01. Topics to be covered include the growth and development of children from birth through six years; introduction to early childhood education; the emotional development of young children; and intellectual and physical development.
1. demonstrate an understanding of child care as a profession that requires training for professional development;
2. identify the stages and sequences of child development, birth through six years of age;
3. identify the domains of development (physical, social, emotional, and cognitive);
4. discuss the importance of emotional security and methods to provide emotional security in a child care setting;
5. discuss children’s stages of social development; and
6. discuss stages of physical development in young children.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)