ARP 795 - Introduction to Diesel Mechanics - Part 2
8.25 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the diesel mechanic student to learn the foundation of diesel technology for commercial diesel vehicles. Topics to be covered include engine diagnosis and repair, use of specialized tools, and application of regulatory/manufacturer standards.
1. demonstrate the ability to accurately diagnose basic engine problems;
2. determine the correct tools to use in the maintenance/repair of an engine and their proper, safe use;
3. locate and apply appropriate compliance criteria for various truck parts and equipment;
4. identify principles and operations of core mechanical systems of a diesel engine including brakes, power train, clutch,
5. operate gas cutting equipment;
6. determine injection pump timing; and
7. describe zero interruption in duty cycle.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)