ARP 794 - Introduction to Diesel Mechanics - Part 1
8.25 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the diesel mechanic student to learn the foundation of diesel technology for commercial diesel vehicles. Topics to be covered include diesel engine design and technology, engine diagnosis and repair, use of specialized tools, and shop procedures.
1. describe and utilize safety procedures;
2. identify shop maintenance procedures;
3. demonstrate the ability to accurately and promptly maintain necessary repair records;
4. demonstrate the ability to adhere to task sequencing and limits of task as instructed;
5. perform preventative maintenance on trucks;
6. describe diesel engine operation in detail;
7. test engine mechanical systems, turbo charger, low and high pressure fuel delivery; and
8. determine proper tools for each task.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)