FIT 627 - Personal Fitness Trainer Certification I
.7 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable instructors and students to learn and apply the important concepts required for taking and passing the AAAI ISMA Personal Fitness Trainer Exam. The instructor course materials are provided as a guideline for teaching the course. Topics to be covered include the principles of strength conditioning, aerobic conditioning, cross training, fitness testing, and how to determine body composition, injury prevention and identification, marketing, motivation, and designing individual fitness programs.
1. demonstrate an understanding the practical and theoretical aspects of the fitness trainer exam,
2. discuss movement techniques to teach students proper exercise,
3. demonstrate an understanding of the material in the Personal Trainer Manual,
4. discuss the health benefits of exercise science and sports medicine, and
5. demonstrate readiness to sit for AAAI ISMA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification exam.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)