VOA 364 - Methods and Safety in Warehousing
3.3 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the disabled student to learn to perform warehouse work as well as the safety requirements of working in a warehouse. Topics to be covered include shipping, receiving, stock picking, inventory management, basic safety, and OSHA regulations.
l. demonstrate the ability to practice good safety habits on the job;
2. demonstrate the ability to check shipping information against an invoice, purchase order, manifest;
3. demonstrate the ability to mark identification numbers or codes on incoming shipments;
4. develop the ability to conduct physical and cyclical counts;
5. develop the ability to rotate stock;
6. develop the ability to prepare and verify outbound shipments; and
7. develop the ability to inspect trailers and areas before loading stock.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)