CHA 043 - Clerical Internship
2.4 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to provide supervised work experience in an office or similar setting. The student will work under the direct supervision of the office manager or program assistant. The student will also be observed and supervised by the program’s job placement specialist. Topics to be covered include filing materials, answering the phone, taking phone messages, entering data, creating internal documents, managing calendars using Microsoft Outlook, and prioritizing and multi-tasking skills:
1. prepare file materials using a number of filing systems;
2. develop the ability to answer phones using a script;
3. record phone messages. using a message pad;
4. develop the ability to enter data using Microsoft Office suite software;
5. create internal documents using Microsoft Word;
6. manage calendars using Microsoft Outlook or a day planner;
7. demonstrate an understanding of time management, prioritizing, and multi-tasking skills; and
8. use office technology and machinery to photocopy documents and packets, shred documents, send a fax, and use voice mail features.
[Add to Portfolio]