CHA 031 - Vocational Readiness
2.4 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to offer students pre-vocational skills required before they prepare to find a job. This course will also help students gain experience and understanding of effective job seeking skills, and interviewing skills. Topics to be covered mclude: career options, workplace expectations, communication skills within the workplace, proper attire for interviewing for a position, resumes, proper etiquette during phone interviews and personal interview, and cold calling techniques for job exploration.
1. define career interests,
2. demonstrate an understanding of the Occupational Outlook Handbook and its importance,
3. identify information regarding expectations in the workplace,
4. develop the ability to role play to formulate relationships within the workplace,
5. identify proper attire that should be worn during the interview,
6. identify appropriate dress for the workplace and the job is obtained,
7. demonstrate the ability to prepare an effective cover letter and resume,
8. discuss and practice proper telephone etiquette when responding to employment ads in the
9. newspaper, and
10. describe and practice cold calling techniques when exploring jobs in the community.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)