CHA 080 - Skills and Concepts for Clerical Work
4.4 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the disabled adult student to learn the methods used in general office practices and the use of basic office technology utilizing materials encountered in the everyday business environment Topics to be covered include using
effective customer service techniques, understanding business processes, effectively using office technology, and management of time and workload.
1. communicate with clients, coworkers and the general public in person and via telephone using appropriate business language and etiquette;
2. create memos, emails, and take messages using appropriate grammar and punctuation as well as appropriate business language and etiquette;
3. organize, create and add to files using various filing systems;
4. identify, select, and demonstrate the use of at least seven functions of standard office fax machines and copiers;
5. identify, select, and demonstrate at least six functions of standard office voicemail;
6. create and manage an office calendar;
7. manage basic records and financial procedures; and
8. identify and demonstrate basic methods of time management.
Add to Portfolio