CHA 048 - Interpersonal Communication
2.75 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enhance the disabled student’s skill development in communicating and interacting at work and in the independent adult world. Topics to be covered include workplace communication, appropriate workplace appearance, keys to self care in the independent adult world, understanding verbal and non verbal language and cues, problem solving, and managing interpersonal relationships and interactions.
1. identify and describe how communication styles differ in and out of the workplace;
2. demonstrate appropriate workplace communication;
3. identify, describe, and demonstrate appropriate interpersonal workplace interactions;
4. identify problem solving strategies for the workplace;
5. demonstrate problem solving strategies applicable to the workplace;
6. identify and describe methods of self care and features of appropriate appearance in the workplace and in the independent world;
7. identify and describe issues of health and wellness in the independent adult world;
8. interpret verbal and nonverbal language and cues in the independent adult world; and
9. interpret verbal and nonverbal language and cues in the workplace.
[Add to Portfolio]