CCT 582 - Childcare Internship – 1st Semester
9 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student who is in the Single Step Childcare Program to learn the best practices in early childhood education and to apply these theories, methods, and materials in the instruction used in class. Topics to be covered include practical applications of methods, materials, instruction and practice in creation of planned activities and schedules, developmental theories of early childhood education and the development of young children, and participation in large. and small group classroom activities.
1. apply the methods used in the instruction and supervision of young children;
2. demonstrate the effective teaching of a lesson;
3. apply lesson planning and classroom scheduling;
4. plan according to stages of development;
5. identify and apply safety and health practices specific to early childhood classroom settings;
6. apply theories of early childhood development to instruction and lesson planning;
7. apply major theories of development and learning readiness to interactions with and observations of young children in early childhood classrooms;
8. instruct, observe, and interact with children in at least two stages of growth and development by applying behavioral theories and related practices;
9. observe the ways in which family and home contribute to development and learning;
[Add to Portfolio]