CCT 580 - Growth and Development in Early Childhood
3.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the childcare provider to learn the theories of human development and physical growth along with family and diversity issues. Topics to be covered include applying theory to practical situations, major development in physical and psychological growth, and developmentally appropriate practice.
1. identify ways in which family and home contribute to development;
2. identify and apply the principles of developmentally appropriate psychological practice;
3. identify and explain current issues of concern in child care;
4. identify stages of development in young children;
5. identify the characteristics of each stage of development;
6. explain theories of development and learning of major developmental theorists;
7. apply major theories of development and learning readiness to practical experiences and observations of young children; and
8. demonstrate an understanding of how to apply techniques in physical and psychological growth and development.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)