HSL 103 - Professional Bartending/Mixology
3 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn the essentials of professional bartending. Additionally, successful completion of this course will qualify students to take an advanced exam for safe alcohol service to earn T.I.P.S. certification which is an approved credential by Maryland. Topics to be covered include bar preparation, beverage recipes and customer service, understanding alcohol laws and responsibilities, evaluating intoxication levels, checking identifications, and dealing with difficult situations.
1. discuss liquor liability issues and state liquor laws,
2. demonstrate the use of bartending equipment and tools,
3. identify various glassware utilized in a bar operation,
4. recognize brands of liquor and relate brands to type of liquor, and
5. practice customer service skills and sale of drinks using a point of sale system
Add to Portfolio