HSL 014 - Guest Service Agent/Hotel Front Desk: Part Two
9 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn the necessary front desk guest service and technical skills required to work effectively at the front desk of a hospitality organization. Topics to be covered include an overview of front office procedures, knowledge and skill tasks for hotel front desk representatives, front desk management system, and hospitality technology training.
1. operate MICROS OPERA front desk management system within a hotel front desk operation;
2. recall standard operating procedures related to checking in guests, taking reservations, and settling guest accounts;
3. communicate procedures for handling wake-up calls, providing guest services, and coordinating guest transportation;
4. identify methods of handling guests under the influence of alcohol; and
5. organize front desk reports such as bucket checks, shift reports, and cashier logs.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)