AHL 905 - Medical Coding II
6 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn about the more complex higher level ICD and CPT coding by expanding on the concepts from Medical Coding I. Topics to be covered include complex coding conventions, terminology, and rules for ICD and CPT. Prerequsite: Medical Coding I.
1. apply coding guidelines accurately,
2. demonstrate detailed knowledge of disease processes to improve coding accuracy,
3. list steps involved in coding medical records,
4. discuss the format of each system, and
5. demonstrate the ability to code each system.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)