AHL 829 - Medical Coding I Online
6 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to lean the fundamentals of ICD, CPT & HCPCS coding. Topics to be covered include reimbursement and compliance; reporting guidelines; chapter specific guidelines; national codes; modifiers; evaluation and management services; and anesthesia coding. Prerequisites: Medical Terminology for Health Occupations, and Anatomy and Physiology for Health Occupations.
1. demonstrate the ability to code to the highest level of specificity,
2. cite reporting guidelines,
3. identify codeable procedures for data capture and billing,
4. articulate complex coding conventions, and
5. identify correct coding guidelines.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)