AHE 130 - Comprehensive Medical Billing
7.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
Learn how to use medical billing software and work with healthcare providers, patients and insurance companies to ensure claims are processed and paid. Topics include: medical coding, claims preparation and submission, insurance carriers, managed care, accounts receivable management, HIPAA and Electronic Health Records. Successfully complete this training and you’ll be eligible to sit for national certification through the National Healthcareer Association. Textbook required. Prerequisite: Medical Terminology for Health Occupations. This course has an additional 30 hours of required online assignments.
1. enter patient demographics, charges and payments into medical billing software;
2. demonstrate knowledge of various health insurance plans;
3. demonstrate knowledge of how to maximize reimbursement;
4. create and understand reports generated by the billing software;
5. locate ICD, CPT and HCPCS codes; and
6. demonstrate knowledge of Electronic Health records.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)