VOA 927 - Advanced Shielded Metal
4.8 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn how to use the Shielded Metal Arc welding process on pipe.Topics to be covered include welding safety, tacks and feather edging; filler metal angles and manipulations for open root pipe welding; safety inspection processes of equipment and accessories; and pad welds in 2G, 5G and 6G positions using E6010 and E7018.
1. perform safety inspections of Shielded Metal Arc welding equipment and accessories used in pipe Shielded Metal ARC welding;
2. construct pad welds in 2G, 5G and 6G positions with E6010 and E7018 electrodes;
3. create open root plate groove welds in 2G, 3G and 4g positions with E6010 electrodes;
4. prepare complete pipe welds in 2G, 5G and 6G positions with E6010 and E7018 electrodes; and
5. practice pipe welding techniques to ASME IX Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code standards in the 6G position on carbon steel.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)