VOA 929 - Advanced TIG Welding
4.8 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn the advanced Gas Tungsten Arc (TIG) welding process. Topics to be covered include welding safety, proper tacks, and feather edging; filler metal angles and manipulations for open root pipe welding; solid wire manual feed GTAW root; and hot and fill passes.
1. perform safety inspections of welding equipment and accessories;
2. set machinery to desired polarity and current settings;
3. construct pad welds in 2G, 5G, and 6G positions with GTAW;
4. create open root plate groove welds in 2G, 3G, and 4G with GTAW;
5. prepare complete pipe welds in 2, 5G, and 6G positions with GTMAW; and
6. practice pipe welding techniques to ASME IX, Boiler and Pressure vessel Code standards on the 6G position on carbon steel.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)