VOA 931 - Advanced MIG Welding
4.8 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn the Gas Metal Arc MIG welding (GMAW) process at the advanced level. Topics to be covered include welding safety, proper tacks and feather edging, filler metal angles and manipulation for open root pipe welding, and solid wire short circuit transfer GMAW down bead root with flux cored wire and hot and fill passes.
1. perform safety inspections of welding equipment and accessories;
2. set machinery to desired polarity, wire speed and voltage settings;
3. construct pad welds in 2G, 5G and 6G positions with GMAW and FCAW;
4. create open root plate groove welds in 2G, 3G and 4G with GMAW and prepare complete pipe welds in 2, 5G and 6G positions with GMAW and FCAW; and
5. practice pipe welding techniques to ASME IX, Boiler and Pressure vessel Code standards on the 6G position on carbon steel.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)