VOA 946 - Machine Tool Short Term Training Part G
9.1 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn part of the Machine Tool Short-Term Training Course Series. Topics to be covered include advanced CNC mill operation.
1. write programs to machine parts to assemble and create a hot air engine;
2. process the job to run on the correct machine and use correct tooling;
3. demonstrate the ability to run the project with a minimum production of five pieces;
4. demonstrate the ability to read prints to identify geometric dimensioning and tolerancing requirements;
5. perform first piece inspection using a variety of tools;
6. demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot advanced problems when parts do not meet specifications;
7. demonstrate the ability to machine parts from materials including aluminum, steel, and plastic; and
8. assemble components and run a hot air engine.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)