VOA 945 - Machine Tool Short Term Training Part F
9.1 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn part of the Machine Tool Short-Term Training Course Series. Topics to be covered include intermediate CNC mill operation.
1. write a program to machine soft vise jaws;
2. demonstrate the ability to machine soft jaws to accurately locate a work piece;
3. demonstrate the ability to read prints to identify geometric dimensioning and tolerancing requirements;
4. perform first piece inspection using a variety of tools;
5. demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot intermediate problems when parts do not meet specifications;
6. demonstrate the ability to machine parts from materials including aluminum, steel, and plastic; and
7. use a variety of cutting tools including bores, counter sinks, and reamers.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)