VOA 940 - Machine Tool Short Term Training Part A
5.2 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn part of the Machine Tool Short-Term Training Course Series. Topics to be covered include machine shop maintenance and safety, basic blueprint reading, industrial mathematics, basic computer skills, work habits/work ethics, and manual lathe/manual mill.
1. demonstrate proper routine maintenance and safety guidelines for shop work;
2. determine the different views of a drawing and identify various types of lines found on prints;
3. calculate dimensions given in fractions and decimals;
4. operate a computer and navigate basic software applications;
5. explain six key work habits with examples from industry;
6. describe the correlation between good work habits and personal/team/organizational success; and
7. demonstrate the ability to practice manual lathe/mill safety.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)