VOA 079 - U.S. Coast Guard Captain’s Licensing Course (Master 100 Tons)
9.2 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
Prepare for the U.S. Coast Guard Captain’s License test masters level. This comprehensive review covers all aspects of the commercial operation of Coast Guard inspected passenger carrying vessels. Subjects include rules of the road, deck general and safety, chart reading, plotting, T-Boat regulations, watchkeeping, trim and stability and ship construction. (Testing done on campus.)
1. demonstrate an understanding of the development and evolution of maritime navigation rules;
2. demonstrate an understanding of the various types of nautical charts as well as general information that is contained on the chart;
3. demonstrate an understanding of the magnetic compass, chart navigation latitude/longitude, plotting tools, measuring devices, compass bearings and distance off;
4. demonstrate an understanding of how the Code of Federal Regulations is designed and how to find information that can be used in conjunction with the USCG’s licensing examination;
5. demonstrate an understanding of the chemistry of fire, and how to use basic fire fighting equipment/techniques and other emergency ship-board procedures; and
6. demonstrate an understanding of the general operations of larger vessels; and
7. the student will be prepared to take the U.S.C.G. Merchant Marine Officers test for Master up to 100 gross tons.
Add to Portfolio