AHE 792 - Oral Radiography
4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to prepare for state certification in oral radiography. The student will learn basic anatomy and physiology, fundamentals of radiography, safety, film processing and mounting and viewing. At the successful completion of this course the students are eligible to sit for state certification (Maryland State Radiography Exam) with the Maryland Dental Board. Topics to be covered include anatomy of head and neck, proper placement of film (intraorally), basic radiographic landmarks, developing radiographs, and safety procedures.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. identify critical anatomy of the head and neck,
2. demonstrate an understanding of the proper placement (intraorally) of film,
3. create and develop a full set of oral radiographs,
4. identify basic radiographic landmarks, and
5. demonstrate an understanding of the proper safety procedures to protect patients and staff from exposure to radiation.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)