AHL 107 - RN CM/DN TRAINING IN ASSISTED LIVING
1.6 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to provide the necessary training to meet the requirements to delegate nursing functions including
medication administration and also to supervise the medication technician in an assisted living setting. The nurse will be
authorized to teach the Medication Administration Training Program to the Medication Technician (MT) working in the
assisted living setting.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. discuss the roles and responsibilities of the Case Manager/Delegating Nurse in an assisted living environment;
2. identify the responsibilities of the Case Manager/Delegating Nurse when teaching medication administration to the Medication
3. discuss key components of case management;
4. recognize potential legal, ethical and business issues
related to the delegation of nursing practice; and
5. discuss adult learning and communication.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)