AHL 047 - Central Service Technician - Clinical II
10 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to provide the student with “hands-on” learning in an actual work site of a hospital central service department. A preceptor assigned by the hospital will provide daily supervision while a college faculty member will provide weekly evaluation/counseling. The student must register for a block of four clinical courses to equal 400 hours.
Upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. discuss the chain of command in a central service department and appropriate means of offering suggestions and criticism;
2. demonstrate appropriate procedures for wrapping techniques;
3. demonstrate the process of labeling and determining expiration dates;
4. demonstrate folding techniques and inspection of linen products; and
5. demonstrate verbal and non-verbal behaviors appropriate to the role of a central service technician.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)