AHL 046 - Central Service Technician - Clinical I
10 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to provide the student with “hands-on” learning in an actual work site of a hospital central service department. A preceptor assigned by the hospital will provide daily supervision while a college faculty member will provide weekly evaluation/counseling. The student must register for a block of four clinical courses to equal 400 hours.
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
1. discuss the role of the central service department in relationship to the hospital mission and to other hospital departments;
2. demonstrate attire appropriate to the assigned task;
3. demonstrate the processes of cleaning, assembly and testing of patient care equipment;
4. demonstrate the operation of a washer/sterilizer and/or ultra sonic machine;
5. demonstrate the general cleaning process for instruments, utensils, syringes and needles; and
6. demonstrate verbal and non-verbal behaviors appropriate to the role of a central service technician.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)