MGT 621 - Managing Paid and Volunteer Staff
.6 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student, who is a manager in a non-profit organization, to learn to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of paid and volunteer staff with whom he/she works. Topics include job descriptions, recruitment and selection, performance management, similarities and differences between paid and volunteer staff, and compensation.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. state the elements of an effective job description,
2. explain the use of the job description in personnel recruitment and selection,
3. identify the elements of the performance management process,
4. discuss the importance of performance management for both paid and volunteer staff,
5. identify similarities and differences between paid and volunteer staff, and
6. describe forms of compensation other than wages.
[Add to Portfolio]