MGT 620 - Financial Management for Not-for-Profit Organizations
.6 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student, who is a manger or staff of non-profit organizations, to learn to develop the knowledge and skills needed to improve the effective management of organization finances. Topics to be covered include terminology of accounting and finance, basic accounting principles, financial statements, financial analysis, and budgeting.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. define basic accounting and finance terms,
2. identify basic accounting principles and their application in the not-for-profit setting,
3. explain the fundamental sections of a financial statement,
4. describe fundamental tools for financial analysis and their use in non-profit organizations, and
5. describe a process for effective budget development.
[Add to Portfolio]