MGT 619 - Strategic Planning for the Non-Profit Organization
.6 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to assist managers and staff of non-profit organizations in developing the knowledge and skills needed to make effective use of the strategic planning process. Topics to be covered include organization mission and vision, organizational analysis, developing goals, formulating objectives, and action planning.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. explain the importance of organization mission and vision statements,
2. describe the process for the evaluation of internal and external situational factors,
3. describe trends impacting ones organization,
4. describe a process for developing organization goals consistent with its mission and vision,
5. describe a process for formulating operating objectives based on current goals, and
6. describe a process for developing action plans consistent with current objectives.
[Add to Portfolio]