MGT 346 - Fundamentals of Human Resources/aPHR ™ Certification Preparation
3.6 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to assist participants in developing the knowledge and skills to prepare for a career in the field of
human resources and to prepare to pass the Associate Professional of Human Resources (TM) exam. Topics include:
human resources operations, recruitment & selection, compensation and benefits, human resource development &
retention, employee relations, and health, safety, and security.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. describe the legal and regulatory environment underlying the human resource function;
2. describe confidentiality and privacy rules for employee records;
3. explain typical human resource policies and procdures (e.g., ADA, EEO, progressive discipline);
4. describe employee records management requirements;
5. explain statuatory human resource reporting requirements;
6. describe job classification methods and analysis;
7. identify applicable laws and regulations related to
compensation and benefits;
8. explain methods and activities for recruitment and selection;
9. identify applicable laws and regulations related to compensation and benefits;
10. explain the importance of employee training and development;
11. describe the methods organizations use to monitor and address morale, performance, and retention; and
12. describe the laws, regulations, and policies that promote a safe work environment.
[Add to Portfolio]